Violin Making Course
The Violin Making Course is open to people with some woodworking experience. Students will attend a three-hour workshop class each week until their instrument is finished.
Classes are held in a specialised instrument making workshop and are taught and supervised by Michael Snowden. 6 to 40 weekly sessions are typical and the maximum class size is 6 students.
The time taken to complete a violin, viola or cello depends on several dynamics including the existing woodworking skills of the student, the type of components or kit you start with and your preferred pace of working.
- In this professional violin making course you will make a high-quality violin, viola or cello from provided plans, jigs and templates
- Materials can be purchased as a kit, from our selection of imported timbers or you may source your own if you prefer.
- Work at your own pace under careful supervision.
- The instruments are finished with a non-toxic hand applied finish.
- Previous woodworking experience is required unless you use the Curly Maple Beginner Violin Kit
Course time: Monday 5 - 8pm
Location: 8 Yomara Road
Marino South Australia 5049
Weekly Violin Making Course Tuition Fee: $80
An upfront deposit of 6 weeks tuition ($480) is required in advance to secure your place.
Students pay a deposit, then a weekly tuition fee that covers the use of the workshop the use of all the specialised violin making tools, instruction and supervision from a Qualified Violin Making Instructor.
This is a pay-as-you-go course, so you don’t need the full course fees up front but instead you get to spread the cost of your course over its duration.
This violin making course gives you the opportunity to work totally at your own pace. You will be supervised all the way by our expert instructor so you can be confident that you will produce an excellent instrument.
For more details regarding this course, contact Michael on 0433 940 363.