Soprano Ukulele Kit
Ukuleles are universally popular right now. They make a great place to start if you’ve never built an instrument and are looking for that first project. This kit is fabulously priced, simple, and easy to build and is lots of fun to play.
The most common and “original” size ukulele is the soprano. Its small body, coupled with its G-C-E-A tuning gives the soprano a classic, traditional sound that can be immediately identified.
The soprano is the smallest and lightest uke size of the kits, with the shortest scale and the tightest fret spacing. The soprano ukulele is ideal for younger players and those with smaller hands and fingers, making this size often the best beginner ukulele for kids.
Nevertheless, the soprano is still suitable for players of any skill level and size. Due to its body size, it will have a brighter, softer tone with less projection and resonance than the larger sizes.
This kit contains:
- Bracing plan
- Bridge plate
- Carved, drilled walnut bridge
- Fret wire
- Full-size bracing plan
- Fully shaped mahogany neck with two dowel pins for neck joint
- Instruction book
- Laminated mahogany back
- Laminated mahogany sides
- Plastic dowel for making side dots
- Rubber binding bands
- Shaped saddle
- Shaped string nut
- Solid mahogany top
- Spruce braces, quarter sawn and carved for top and back
- Strings White side dot material
- Tuners with mounting hardware
- Two spruce sound hole braces
- Walnut fretboard, slotted and inlaid with position markers