Guitar Making Course
You have found the best Guitar Making course in Adelaide. Whether it's your first guitar or you have made a few already, this course is perfect for you. Build a guitar of your choice from quality timbers and kits at the W&S workshop. Shop online, then collect your materials when you arrive for your first session.
Students attend a three-hour weekly class until their instrument is finished. Classes are held in a specialised instrument making workshop and are taught and supervised by Michael Snowden. 6 to 30 weekly sessions are typical and the maximum class size is 6 students. The time taken to complete a guitar making course depends on several dynamics including: the kit you use, the existing woodworking skills of the student, their preferred pace of working and the intricacy of the instrument that they choose to build.
Many of the current students never finish! They will begin a new guitar once they complete their current instrument.
Guitar making course details:
- You may select your own acoustic, classical, or electric guitar design from our range of plans or you may supply your own plan.
- Materials can be purchased from our selection of Australian or imported timbers or you may source your own with assistance from Michael if you prefer.
- Work at your own pace under careful supervision.
- Build an instrument that is perfectly suited to your personality and playing style
- Instruments are finished with a non-toxic hand applied finish.
- No previous woodworking experience required.
- All specialised tools, jigs and plans from our range are provided.
Course time: Saturday 12pm - 3pm
or: Sunday 9am - 12pm
Location: 8 Yomara Road, Marino
South Australia 5049
Weekly Course Tuition Fee: $76.50
An upfront deposit of 6 weeks tuition ($459) is required in advance to secure your place.
Students pay a deposit, then a weekly tuition fee that covers the use of the workshop the use of all the specialised guitar making tools, instruction and supervision from a Qualified Guitar Making Instructor.
This is a pay-as-you-go course, so you don’t need the full course fees up front but instead you get to spread the cost of your course over its duration.
This course gives you the opportunity to work totally at your own pace. You will be supervised all the way by our expert instructor so you can be confident that you will produce an excellent instrument.
For more details regarding this course, contact Michael on 0433 940 363.