East Indian Rosewood Classical Guitar Kit
Indian rosewood is considered the benchmark for a classical guitar today. It makes a striking set of back and sides. The wood has a rich, deep, dark purple colour and is the standard by which all other woods are measured.
It is a beautiful wood, that it is easily worked, and the sound produced by East Indian Rosewood guitars is superlative. East Indian rosewood sounds good with either spruce or cedar soundboards. This kit, when built, will have a full, rich sound with an expansive tonal palette.
This species is listed as vulnerable in the IUCN red list of threatened species and is not sustainable. We only have a few sets left.
Purchasing a kit is an excellent idea for a builder at any skill level. They are also great value and cost less than buying the timbers and parts separately. This kit contains the best quality, seasoned materials and fittings available today.
There are many plans and models available for you to build with this kit and there is still personal choice that can be exercised so that your guitar is unique and playable.
This kit contains:
- AAA Sitka spruce soundboard
- Back brace set (3 pieces)
- Front brace set (10 pieces)
- Bone nut blank
- Bone saddle blank
- Classical Guitar Rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides set
- Fret wire
- Golden Age Classical Guitar Tuners, Relic brass with ebony knobs
- Kerfed linings
- Maple Bindings (4) and Purfling strips (4)
- MOP or Pau fret markers (8)
- Premium ebony head plate veneer
- Rosewood Bridge blank
- Rosewood Bridge plate stock
- Slotted premium Ebony fretboard
- Tail block
- Top brace set (12 pieces)
- Quarter sawn Brazilian Mahogany neck blank.
- White side dot material
Kit price $732.20