Figured Myrtle Acoustic Guitar Kit- The All Australian
This quality Figured Myrtle Acoustic Guitar Kit has been designed for makers attending the Wood and Strings Guitar Making Course. To build this kit you will require specialist machines tools and guidance, which you can utilise at the Wood and Strings Studio.
Superb Australian materials and quality fittings have been selected at the best possible price to ensure that your finished instrument is a pleasure to own and play.
Instruments built with Tasmanian Myrtle exhibit a warm sound, with a rounded tone. Myrtle is also known for its strength, volume, and balance. This individually selected acoustic guitar kit will accommodate larger sized instruments if necessary and has been carefully tailored to your expectations.
At the Wood & Strings studio we have many plans and models available for you to build with your Acoustic Guitar Kit and there is still flexibility in your material choice and customisation so that your guitar is unique and a joy to play.
These are all the components you will need to make a playable guitar.
This kit includes:
- Back brace set (4 pieces)
- Ebony Bindings (4) and Purfling strips (8)
- Bone nut blank
- Bone saddle blank
- Gidgee Bridge blank
- Bridge pins
- Ebony or Figured Myrtle head plate veneer
- Medium or jumbo fret wire
- Gotoh SG381-05-C tuners
- Australian hardwood rosette
- Hot Rod truss rod
- AAA Figured Myrtle back and sides set
- AAA Seasoned Kauri Pine soundboard
- Kerfed lining
- Rosewood bridge plate stock
- MOP or Pau fret markers (8)
- Neck block and tail block
- Figured Gigdee fretboard blank
- Top brace set (11 pieces)
- Queensland Maple neck, with scarf jointed head and heel block
- White side dot material