Flame Black Walnut Acoustic Guitar Kit
This quality Flame Black Walnut Acoustic Guitar Kit has been designed for makers attending the Wood and Strings Guitar Making Course. To build this kit you will require specialist machines tools and guidance, which you can utilise at the Wood and Strings Studio.
Superb, imported materials and quality fittings have been selected at the best possible price to ensure that your finished instrument is a pleasure to own and play.
Flame Black Walnut competes, both visually and tonally, with genuine mahogany. Black Walnut is generally medium brown to dark chocolate in colour, often with hints of black, tan or purple.
It's the perfect wood for your first build - it bends like a dream, works wonderfully by hand or machine, and accepts finishes well, with stunning results, appearing almost 3-dimensional under finish.
Black Walnut's tone is often described as fitting naturally between Rosewood and Mahogany. Walnut's low-end response is strong and closer to that of a Rosewood, while its crisp, snappy mids and highs are strikingly akin to the best Honduran Mahogany.
This guitar kit will all accommodate larger sized instruments if necessary and has been carefully selected and tailored to make sure your guitar turns out remarkable.
There are many plans and models available for you to build with these kits and there is still personal choice that can be exercised so that your guitar is unique and playable.
This guitar kit contains:
- Back brace set (4 pieces)
- Binding (2) and Purfling strips (3)
- Bone nut blank
- Bone saddle blank
- Martin style Ebony bridge
- Selection of bridge pins
- Ebony or lame Black Walnut head plate veneer
- Medium or jumbo fret wire
- Gotoh SG381-05-C tuners
- Herringbone rosette (3 pieces)
- Hot Rod truss rod
- Flame Black Walnut back and sides set
- AAA Sitka spruce soundboard
- Kerfed linings (4)
- Rosewood bridge plate stock
- MOP or Pau fret markers (8)
- Neck block and tail block
- Spruce back reinforcement strip
- Slotted ebony fretboard
- Top braces (11 pieces)
- Utile laminated neck, with truss rod groove and dovetail
- White side dot material