Honduran Mahogany Acoustic Guitar Kit
This quality Honduran Mahogany Acoustic Guitar Kit has been designed for makers attending the Wood and Strings Guitar Making Course. To build this kit you will require specialist machines tools and guidance, which you can utilise at the Wood and Strings Studio.
High quality materials and fittings have been selected at the best possible price to ensure that the finished instrument is a pleasure to own and play.
Instruments built with Brazilian/Honduran Mahogany exhibit a strong midrange, excellent punch, and good sustain. It is prized for its beauty and rich colour ranging from pinkish brown to a dark reddish-brown. The grain is visually stunning and can display fine figure. Its texture is fine and uniform, with a rich natural lustre.
This specially selected acoustic guitar kit will accommodate larger sized instruments if necessary and has been carefully tailored to your expectations.
At the Wood & Strings studio we have many plans and models available for you to build with your Acoustic Guitar Kit and there is still flexibility in your material choice and customisation so that your guitar is unique and a joy to play.
These are all the components you will need to make a playable guitar.
This kit includes:
- Back brace set (4 pieces)
- Maple Bindings (4) and Purfling strips (8)
- Bone nut blank
- Bone saddle blank
- Martin style Ebony Bridge
- Bridge pins
- Ebony head plate veneer
- Medium or jumbo fret wire
- Gotoh SG381-05-C tuners
- Herringbone rosette (3 pieces)
- Hot Rod truss rod
- AAA Honduran mahogany back and sides set
- AA Sitka spruce soundboard
- Kerfed lining
- Mahogany bridge plate stock
- MOP or Pau fret markers (8)
- Neck block and tail block
- Slotted ebony fretboard
- Top brace set (11 pieces)
- Utile and American Rock Maple laminated neck, with truss rod groove
- White side dot material